Sometime, you might have to call up technical support to fix something. Maybe one morning you get the blue screen of death, or you receive one of those startling mistake messages on your screen. Or then again perhaps you attempt to turn your PC on and…nothing. Maybe it’s not your PC by any means, but rather your site is totally down and you need to settle on that decision to your website specialist or web facilitating organization.
I’ve been on the two sides of that panicky call and there are 7 things you can do to assist with settling on that technical support decision somewhat less upsetting:
1. Try not to freeze This is simpler said that done when you’re PC’s out of commission and you’re gazing intently at the barrel of a cutoff time. Be that as it may, things will be less distressing assuming you don’t go ballistic. Odds are good that the issue isn’t close to as awful (or costly) as you might suspect.
2. Check the conspicuous before you call-One of the principal things that your tech individual will have you do is to check for clear reasons for inconvenience. Like is your PC connected? Or then again is the flood defender your PC’s associated is turned on? Are each of the links emerging from your PC connected tight? Or then again are entering your secret phrase in accurately? Or then again do you have the “Covers lock” key on while you’re entering your secret phrase? They have you gone through this drill in light of the fact that multiple occasions the basic stuff is the issue. So go through a portion of the undeniable reasons for inconvenience before you get the telephone.
3. Get ready If you have any guarantees or administration contracts get together those materials before you call. It will save you a touch of time in the event your tech individual demands this data. You may likewise require the chronic number for your PC. These are typically situated on a sticker set on the back, base, or side of your PC or they are situated in your PC enlistment administrative work.
4. Be just about as explicit as conceivable Simply saying “My PC’s not working” isn’t just useful. Technical support as of now accepts that your PC isn’t working since you wouldn’t call just to say hey. What they need to know is “how is your PC not working?”. You should be just about as explicit as could be expected. Will your PC not start by any means? Is the issue that you can turn the PC on however it will not go past the startup screen? Maybe you can move beyond the startup screen however you can’t open up a specific program? Depict your concern beginning to end; what you were doing when you experienced your concern, what your PC does, and assuming there are any extraordinary circumstances that appear to agree with the issue.
5. Record blunder messages-Usually when something turns out badly, you’ll get some sort of mistake message that endeavors to stop for a minute the issue is. Assuming you can’t figure out the message, set aside the effort to record it. It might mean something to the tech individual you’re conversing with and it may assist them with diagnosing the issue somewhat quicker.
6. Make note of any new changes or episodes Sometimes the reason for your PC inconvenience is something changed on your PC or some occurrence that has happened as of late, for example,
the expansion of new equipment (printer, scanner, hard drive, memory, and so on)
the expansion or cancellation of programming
a power disturbance or power flood
the expansion of cancellation of an assistance
programming overhauls or security patches
In some cases changes like this can lead to some unanticipated issues with different things that might possibly appear to be identified with your concern. At the point when you’re conversing with your tech individual, make them mindful of any progressions or increases you made before you began having issues. They’ll have the option to let you know if these progressions are identified with your difficulty.
7. Keep takes note of A ton of times a call to the help office implies that you’ll invest a ton of energy on the telephone being sent starting with one individual then onto the next. Keep notes on who you converse with, when you conversed with them, and what they’ve done to assist with diagnosing the issue. Assuming you see that you need to continue to call the help office or then again assuming that you have to a maintenance individual fix your PC face to face, these notes will prove to be useful.