The medical benefits of the Cannabis plant have long been discussed, but new products have recently emerged and increased in use and popularity. CBD oil and its products are now widespread in many high street stores and many online retailers. In this short piece, we will discuss what it is, how it works, how we can benefit from it, and the varied range of products available in the marketplace today. With this new information, you, or someone you know could find relief from their illness, so please read on.
What Is CBD?
The main component of such products as CBD vape oils, oral tinctures, and many other items is to give its full name Cannabidiol (CBD). Unlike its more infamous brother compound Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), it will not give you the sensation of getting high generally associated with the Cannabis plant. This quality is highly regarded by sufferers looking for relief from pain or an alternative to the side effects of some medications. Studies are finding that CBD impacts the body’s specialised endocannabinoid system that regulates sleep patterns, appetite, and pain responses. It is found that chronic pain is reduced when CBD affects the activity of these receptors, and inflammation is reduced when it interacts with the body’s neurotransmitters.
What Illnesses Are Affected?
The answer to this question is always changing as the medical case studies into CBD are ongoing. The current answer is that the sufferers of a wide range of mental health disorders and life-changing illnesses can find some relief from using CBD; these include –
- CBD oil effectively treats the chronic pain involved in arthritis, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis.
- Using CBD can impact many mental health disorders, including insomnia, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- It can also reduce some cancer-related symptoms such as pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- CBD oil may have neuroprotective properties and be an option for sufferers of epilepsy and MS.
- There are several benefits to the heart and circulatory system, and it can lower blood pressure and increase arterial function.
This is by no means a full and complete list; if you might gain some benefit from using CBD oil, please investigate the wealth of helpful information available online.
CBD Oil Products
An ever-increasing amount of CBD oil products are hitting the shelves as manufacturers develop new ideas; they now dominate whole sections of health and wellness stores.
The vast range of CBD products falls into these four main categories –
- Tinctures, pills, and capsules are taken orally.
- Edibles such as gummies and sweets are also taken orally.
- Vaping liquids are used in normal standard vape devices.
- Skincare products such as lotions, creams and salves are rubbed into the skin.
Depending on the type of illness the user is looking to alleviate might determine what product is best suited to their situation; the strength or amount of the CBD oil contained in the product would also factor into any decision. CBD oil is most easily absorbed by direct contact; oral tinctures placed under the tongue are highly effective, whereas any product swallowed has to be first dissolved by stomach acid.
Hopefully, this short article has opened your eyes to the possibility of relief from illness for you or someone you know, find your local CBD oil stockists, and see what they have to offer.